86 percent average for Trinity College, London, examinations in Cape Town
With an overall overage of 86 percent, this year's Trinity College, London, results were outstanding for the children who attend the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy in Cape Town. All children and adults achieved the two highest awards of Merit or Distinction to reach this high international standard and amazing mark.
Helen O'Grady Drama Academy has had a very long tradition with Trinity College London. Helen O'Grady herself was a student at Trinity and also received a Honorary Lifelong Fellowship Award for the work done internationally in drama. Our wonderful Trinity teachers, Alex Gibaud, is also a Trinity trained teacher.
Trinity College said, 'The schemes of work devised for the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy reveal an imaginative and sensitive approach to the personal growth of children through the performing arts'.
The world-recognised Trinity Grade Examinations are an exciting opportunity for children and adults, with a passion and flair for drama, who are eager to enhance and develop their theatrical skills in nurturing environment. Our teachers take great care to ensure the students delight in the personalised tutoring throughout the year - learning, exploring, growing - where the certificate of appraisal at the end of the year is more like the cherry on the cake!
The Trinity classes Trinity College London is a leading international exam board and independent education charity that has been providing assessments around the world since 1877. We specialise in the assessment of communicative and performance skills covering music, drama, combined arts and English language. With over 750,000 candidates a year in more than 60 countries worldwide, Trinity qualifications are specifically designed to help students progress.
Like Trinity, the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy's aim is to inspire teachers and learners through the creation of assessments that are enjoyable to prepare for, rewarding to teach and that develop the skills needed in real life.
"At the heart of Trinity’s work is the belief that effective communicative and performance skills are life enhancing, know no boundaries and should be within reach of us all. We exist to promote and foster the best possible communicative and performance skills through assessment, content and training that is innovative, personal and authentic."
Through Trinity at the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy:
- You will understand the transformative power of performance
- We will ensure candidates make progress by providing carefully levelled stepping stones that build confidence and enjoyment while continuing to extend and challenge
- The assessments will have a positive impact on student learning, engagement and achievement
- We will encourage candidates to bring their own choices and interests into our exams — this motivates students and makes the assessment more relevant and enjoyable
- You will find our qualifications are accessible to candidates of all ages and from all cultures
- You will find that the highly qualified and friendly examiners are trained to put candidates at their ease and provide maximum encouragement.
To join our Trinity classes, head to our website www.dramaafrica.com or telephone: 021 6747478